amazon

Friday, 22 July 2011

Gooey Chocolaty Microwave Cup Cake

Chocolate cake! hmmm... but that would take at least half an hour, thought my mind. I should continue reading the book, thought my mind again... Which I really tried with all my concentration but, " I was lost in that world of chocolate cakes" . Finally, I got up, quickly consulted my dear friend, "Google" and ta da da... got this recipe for this microwave cupcake, from here, which I improvised according to the ingredients available.

When I saw the cake rise in the microwave, my heart did a little jig and dance but then my jaws dropped when I saw it sinking. Apprehensively, I took quick photos, and, had the first bite and, a big smile appeared on my face. The cake was warm, soft, gooey and most important chocolaty...mmmm. So what if it sank, it tasted just awesome and satisfied my craving. So here you go with the recipe.





And - the best part was - The cake was ready in just 2 minutes!


Ingredients

2 tbsp - whole wheat flour
2 tbsp - muscovado sugar 
1 1/2 tbsp - cocoa powder (more or less)
2 tbsp - apple juice
2 tbsp - sunflower oil
1 tsp heaped - mascarpone
1/4 tsp - baking powder
1/4 tsp - coffee powder
a pinch of salt
handful of choco chips

Method
  1. Mix together all the dry ingredients in a cup. 
  2. Add the liquid ingredients one by one and mix well. (make sure to scrape the corners well)
  3. Place the cup in the microwave, on high, for approx 2 minutes. (time may vary a little depending upon the power of microwave)








I had it without any topping but you may have it with cream or ice-cream. It would taste as great :-)



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...