amazon

Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Coriander Mint Bakes with Cheese Dip

Savoury muffins and other such stuff are always a big hit with me and my family - especially when they go with lots of yummy dips.

Coriander leaves are my all time favourite herb, and I use tons of it per week - and have a big problem if my refrigerator runs out of the fresh green coriander leaves. It combines well with mint for a variety of recipes - coriander and mint, I feel, enhance each other's flavours and produce something unique in combination.









Ingredients

140 grams - whole wheat flour
1/2 tbsp - baking powder
1/4 tsp - red chilli flakes (adjust according to your taste)
7 tbsp - low fat yogurt
3 tbsp - olive oil
1/3 cup - coriander leaves and mint leaves, finely chopped
5 tbsp - water (its an approx measurement, may need more or less)
2 tbsp - pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp - ginger, peeled and grated
2 - low fat cheese slice
salt to taste

Method 
  1. Preheat the oven to 200 degree C and grease a sqare 20 cm pan.
  2. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, red chilli falkes, cheese slice, mint-coriander leaves and salt.
  3. In another bowl, mix together yogurt, olive oil and water.
  4. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add in the liquid mixture and mix lightly with a wooden spoon so that everything just comes together. (add 1 tbsp of water at a time if required)
  5. Spoon the batter in the greased pan and sprinkle the pumpkin seeds over it.
  6. Place the pan in the centre of the preheated oven and bake for approx 20- 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
  7. When cool, cut into squares and serve with a dip of your choice.
Cheese Dip

2 - low fat cheese slice
1/3 cup - low fat milk
a pinch of cinnamon powder
salt and pepper to taste

Method 

2 - low fat cheese slice
1/3 cup - low fat milk
a pinch of cinnamon powder
salt and pepper to taste

Method 
  1. Place everything in a pan and cook, stirring continously, until the cheese melts. 

 




    My husband spontaneously made a cheese dip to go with the bakes, and it turned out to be really amazing as well. 






    Enjoy.................

    6 comments:

    1. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

      ReplyDelete
    4. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...